About DehradunBook online bus tickets to Dehradun By Ebus India
Dehradun Ebus India about this sound pronunciation , also sometimes spelled Dehra Doon, is the provisional capital city of the Uttarakhand state (earlier called Uttaranchal) in India, and the headquarters of Dehradun district.
It is located in the Doon valley, 246 kilometres north of India's capital New Delhi and the Delhi metropolitan area. The district is surrounded by the Himalayas in the north, Sivalik Hills in the south, the river Ganga in the east, and the river Yamuna in the west. The water divide of Ganga and Yamuna passes through the city.
It is also located on the northwestern side of the fertile Gangetic plains of India. Before the creation of Uttarakhand on November 9, 2000, Dehradun was a part of Uttar Pradesh. Neighbouring cities and towns include Haridwar, Rishikesh, Roorkee, Mussoorie, Saharanpur and Yamunanagar.
The products that have made Dehradun known within India are "Dehradooni basmati rice", bakery products and lychee.
Tourism in Dehradun is.
The stupa of the re-established Mindroling Monastery, in Clement Town, Dehradun.
Nearby locations in Dehradun are- Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Forest Research Institute, Budha Temple & Clementown Park, Malsi Deer Park, Sahastradhara, Tapkeshwar Shiv Temple, Robber's Cave, Lachhiwala, Maldevta, Dat Kali Mata Mandir, Laxman Sidh Temple, Rajaji National Park, Santhla Devi, MDDA Park, Gularghati.
Nearby locations are the hill stations of Mussoorie Landour just 36 km away. There is a 16 km (easy) trekking route from Dehradun to Mussoorie.
Dhanaulti is a hill station beyond Mussoorie.
Chakrata is another nearby hill station 80 km away. Paonta Sahib is a pilgrimage place for Sikhs with a historic Gurudwara on the banks of the Yamuna. Other nearby religious places are Haridwar and Rishikesh.
* In Dehradun, The Kalinga War Memorial, Sahastradhara Road. The only war memorial of its kind in the world which was erected by the British to honour their foe, the Gurkhas (or the Gorkhas).
* In Dehradun, The Gurkha Fort, Tapovan Forest Area.
* In Dehradun, The Museum, Forest Research Institute. Lavish environs and one of the largest institutes of its kind. Guided tours available. Photographs are allowed, but no flash indoors.
* In Dehradun, Mindrolling Monastery , Clement Town. . A large Buddhist monastery in the Tibetan Nyingma tradition.
* In Dehradun, Chetwoode Hall, The Indian Military Academy. A charming little museum housing collections of 20th century military artifacts.
* In Dehradun, Clock Tower, Rajpur Road. Built by the British, this remains the icon of the downtown area.
* In Dehradun, Ram Rai Darbar, Jhanda Mohalla. Built by Guru Har Rai's son, it attracts many Sikh pilgrims from the nearby state of Punjab. Admission is free and non-Sikhs are welcome.
* In Dehradun, Tapkeshwar Temple, Garhi Cantt. An ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, Tapkeshwar is situated on the banks of a rivulet.
* In Dehradun, Sai Darbar Temple, Rajpur Road. This place of worship holds a high spiritual value, and is thus visited by tourists across the country.
* In Dehradun,The Char Siddhs, comprising a group of four temples around Dehradun Lakshman Siddh (along the Dehradun-Rishikesh road 12 km from Dehradun), Kalu Siddh (near Baniyawala), Manak Siddh (near Shimla Bypass Road) and Madu Siddh (near Premnagar). Small temples in scenic and as yet unspoilt locales. It is commonly believed that visitng all four Siddhs in a single day will fulfill a devotee's wishes.
* In Dehradun, Tapovan, Rajpur Road. According to legend, Guru Dronacharya had done penance here.
* In Dehradun, Jaspal Rana Shooting Ranges, Majhon- Paunda, Via Nanda Ki Chowki, Premnagar, Dehradun
* In Dehradun, Tiger View Jungle Camp, Village Goolar Khalla, Post Saura, Via Raipur, Dehradun
* In Dehradun, RIMC, Rashtriya Indian Military College one of the finest school in India for making the kids to gentleman cadets
* In Dehradun, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology Another place worth a visit is the Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology. It is the best center on Himalayan geology in the country and has done some pioneering work in the field. A museum displaying the geological diversity of the sub-continent is the center of attraction here and a must see for all those visiting the institute.
* In Dehradun, Robber's Cave Also known as Guchchu Pani,situated at a distance of eight km from the city center.Robber's cave is a beautiful picnic spot. On display here is one of nature's strange phenomena; a stream of water goes underground here and reappears a few metres away. The cave is surrounded by hills and is a beautiful getaway for those looking for peace and quiet of the hills.
* In Dehradun, SahastradharaAround 14 km from Dehradun is the cold Sulphur water spring called Sahastradhara. The spring is believed to have exceptional medicinal value and the dripping caves and a bath in the Baldi River near the spring are said to rejuvenate the body and soul.
Dehradun, is one of the tourist place in which Ebus India travels takes you.